1. Homepage
  2. Alien registration

Alien registration

Alien registration

When foreign companies set up a registered business in Japan, such as a Japanese company or branch office, an ID card and certificate of official seal which are valid in Japan are needed for the registration procedure.

Alien registration

- Register with the local government office that governs the domicile of a foreign resident in Japan.

- Registration is a requirement for any foreigner who wishes to stay in Japan for more than 90 days.

- After registration, a certificate of alien registration (in the form of an ID card) is issued, which is also used for personal identification purposes by government authorities in Japan.

1.The current Alien Registration system is scheduled to be abolished in July 2012 and replaced by a new system of foreign-resident management, which will include the issuance of a residence card.
2.The details of the roles of, and procedures at, local government offices after July 2012 are yet to be determined.

1.Summary of Services

 We provide consultation regarding procedures for official seal registration, a requirement for registering a business in Japan, and alien registration.

 Good planning is crucial for completing all procedures while staying in Japan on a short-term visa. As requirements differ by local government, we check the details in advance and propose the best procedures for you.


Please feel free to contact us for details. We submit quotes after confirming the details of your plans and needs with you.

Copyright(C)2009 ACROSEED Co.LTD, AllRights Reserved.